This is a question that has come up for me quite a few times when I’ve been asked how to start a new business or create a new product. The question is actually pretty simple. It is about competitive advantage.
While competition is certainly important, our competitive advantage is our unique ability to make money.
In an oligopoly, firms like Comcast and AT&T have huge investments in their service offerings. These firms have built out the infrastructure to allow their competitors to offer their services, but they dont own the underlying infrastructure. By not having these investments, they can make more money from just the capital they have available to them. I think that this is the biggest reason why the traditional oligopoly model works very well.
In an oligopoly, if you want to compete with a provider like Comcast or AT&T, you have to be very good at the things that they do. You have to be able to charge your customers a very high price for the service. You need to be able to deliver a large volume of cable subscribers to your network. You need to be able to deliver a large volume of broadband subscribers to your network. And you need to have a large number of subscribers.
In an oligopoly, if you want to compete with a provider like Comcast or ATampT, you need to be very good at the things that they do. You need to be able to charge your customers a very high price for the service. In an oligopoly, you need to be able to deliver a large volume of cable subscribers to your network. You need to be able to deliver a large volume of broadband subscribers to your network. And you need to have a large number of subscribers.
In an oligopoly, what’s called “competitive advantage” is the ability to charge more money for a given service with only less competition. In an oligopoly, you can charge a higher price than your competitors, but you’re not able to make up the difference with increased customer service.
This is the theory behind the Internet’s oligopoly. The reason that the Internet is so competitive is that the vast majority of businesses are owned by the same people. They don’t have to give a damn about the competition. Because they don’t have to compete, they can charge whatever they want, and the market will always find a workaround for them.
When I was a kid I had to buy a new stereo because I was afraid that my stereo would not work without the audio. Of course, the Internet got in the way of that. I thought it was funny when I heard that the stereo had to have a lot of audio! The most popular thing I saw was that it gave me a bit of a headache for my stereo.
Competition is a good thing, but there are two important reasons why competition is limited when it comes to oligopoly. First, the market is limited by the amount of money that a firm can make. In order to build a new factory a company must first make a profit. As I said before, an oligopoly is a situation where all the firms in the market have to compete for the same amount of money (which is often called market share).
In an oligopoly, a firm with a market share of 30% can make more money than the rest of the firms with a market share of 70%. This means that the average firm can make a lot more money by selling its product in many different markets than it can by selling it in the same market.